Thursday 12 November 2009

Paul & Joe Smoke & Mirrors

The Paul & Joe Smoke and Mirrors holiday collection arrived at the Isetan Scotts counter yesterday. I happened to pass by this evening and was happily surprised to find that it was already available.

I picked up the Highlighting Powder & Pearl Powder Set #2 (S$86) and the Eye Color Kit I (S$93).

The vanity case is a beauty and the main reason why I got the Eye Color Kit.

The eyeshadow palette is typical of Paul and Joe with elegant, classic shades.

The floral motif sprayed on top of Highlighting Powder rubs off almost immediately. The powder itself is more of a glowy velvety finish without obvious shimmer or sparkles so it can be used all over the face without any worry that it will make one look like a disco ball. The included brush feels very soft against the skin.



The Pearl Powder is much more sparkly and quite pigmented.

As there is currently a promotion whereby you receive a $40 voucher if you spend above $200, I decided to get one of the new Lip Lacquers (S$34) as well. The voucher is for use by 31 December and cannot be used to offset the current purchase.

Aside from the voucher, I also received a makeup case and an Eye Makeup Remover 100ml. The counter also has other GWP bags and cat-print vanity case that you can select but I either already had them or didn't like the design.

Here are a couple of promotional sets currently available at Isetan.


5 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oooooh, aaaaahh. Great picks. I bought almost one of everything from the holiday collection and I'm still drooling over your pictures :) And now you have me wanting that eyeshadow trio! Thanks for the great pics as always.

Haru said...

Hi Lina,
Glad to be of help! I'm really liking the eyeshadow palettes, especially the pale lilac which is very pretty when applied as it has a soft shimmer, even though it looks washed out in the pan. The black shade is also very pigmented and the rosy brown shade is lovely too.

Mary said...

soo pretty!. I love the packaging and it comes with soo many items!

Loving it!

Anonymous said...

Is the skin care set full size?

Haru said...

Yes, all the items in the skin care set are full size.