Friday 10 September 2010

Blue EOTD with Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. III

After having done green and purple looks with Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. III, it was time to try out the blues. As I get older, I've found it harder to wear blues. At the Paul & Joe fall makeup demo, makeup artist Larry Yeo warned that using the wrong type of blue eyeshadows can make one look like an "expired SIA girl"! (SIA is Singapore Airlines).

The shades I used were Haight, Radium (reminds me of MAC Freshwater), Perversion, Midnight Cowboy Ride Again and Money.

Money has become my go-to shade in this palette. It makes a lovely complement to many of the other shades in the palette. The silvery tinge in it makes is a great shade for lining the lower lashline and in the crease, to make the eyes look more lively. And it has no annoying glitter fallout unlike Midnight Cowboy Rides Again.

After prepping with Urban Decay Primer Potion, I used MAC #228 mini shader brush to apply Radium at the inner two-thirds of the upper eyelid, Haight in the outer corners; MAC #224 blending brush to apply Midnight Cowboy Rides Again over the browbone area; and MAC #226 to apply Money in the crease and just a touch of Perversion at the outer corners to darken Haight. , along the lower lashline.

Then I finished with Lancome Virtuose Precious Cells mascara and Shiseido Automatic Fine Eyeliner BK901 along the upper lashline.

The other products I used were: Lancome Teint Miracle liquid foundation O-03, Natural Light Creator Bare Skin Perfecting Corrector Pen #1 and Palette Blason, Paul & Joe Loose Powder, MAC Ever Hip Lipstick (from the Give Me Liberty of London collection) and K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 01.

I also tried applying the Teint Miracle foundation with MAC #187 duo fibre brush. It makes the foundation feel cool on application and gives an even finish over most areas, except for the nose where I had to use my fingertip to blend it in for better coverage of my pores. Overall, I still preferred applying this foundation with my fingertips.

Ordering the Book of Shadows from Debenhams (in the UK) turned out to be right decision as UrbanDecay.com sold out of it within 10 minutes on 7 September. While the palette will be available later on Sephora.com and other retailers, I just can't fathom why UrbanDecay.com had it in such limited quantities that it sold out so quickly and left many customers frustrated and disappointed. Urban Decay has been hyping up this palette for quite some time now, spawning countless lemmings. It's like MAC and Marine Life all over again. Why create an online frenzy if you can't satisfy the demand for it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On myself, I prefer matt finish in this shade rather than metallic. For my age, metallic and blue don't go too well anymore. Too loud. The Matt blue I like is from revlon's Matt series which I recently discovered from Watson. Out of the green, purple and blues, I think purple is the most flattering on you especially so when paired with the perfect nude lippie!! 

Unknown said...

Iris, I like your eye makeup!!! :D
You should make a tutorial video /steps by steps application!

ashura said...

I think blue and green still look great on you! Reminds me a little bit of your Blue Dahlia look =) I was inspired by your post and actually did a tutorial on that look =D

Kas said...

I like this lippy on you!