Wednesday 15 September 2010

The Body Shop Baked-to-Last Eye Color #8 Amethyst

Here's a very simple smoky purple eye look with Body Shop Baked-to-Last Eye Color #8 Amethyst.

With Testimo Eye Bright Up Base as the base, I used a sponge tip applicator to apply the dark purple shade along the upper lashline and MAC #226 brush to apply the lavender shade in the crease and along the lower lashline. Both shades were well-pigmented and easy to blend. I used a light beige shade from a Lunasol palette over the browbone area.

Next, I used Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base followed by Fasio Mascaliner GR700. After lining the upper lashline with Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner, I noticed to my horror that the Shiseido mascara base and Fasio Mascaliner had combined to produce the most horrendous 'spider legs'. It was not that my lashes were pointing straight down. Instead, they curved upwards from the lash roots and then downwards at the lash tips. It was the ultimate fail and I had to rub off the tips, losing an eyelash in the process.

For the rest of the look, I used Dior X4 Control Compact Foundation 012, Body Shop Baked-to-Last Cheek Color #2 Coral, Lancome Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator Bare Skin Perfecting Corrector Pen #1, Anna Sui Spot Concealer 01, Paul & Joe Lipstick C 66 and Loose Powder, and K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 01.

Paul & Joe Lipstick C 66 is a sheer baby pink with some shine, not terribly unique but easy to wear with a comfortable texture.


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru :)

I think u look very sophisticated with this MU look :) Pretty!

jade said...

Dear Haru,

You look gorgeous. I love this look, especially the lip ^_^

Anonymous said...

Really nice look! The color of your foundation goes really well with the eye and lip color. The texture of the powder looks refined and smooth on your skin too.

Tamtam said...

Love this look, especially the lip! Look much younger with light-colored lippie!!

e/s and blush looks good also....

Anonymous said...

i really love the P&J lip color on you!

Jazzie

Verlyn said...

i like this LOTD (: purple is very flattering on you, beautiful !

Anonymous said...

This look really suits you well! You look very pretty :)

Anonymous said...

You look really pretty today! Smokey purples are definitely your color.

Yen's closet said...

Lovely Look!

Ling said...

Hey Haru
is Anna Sui Spot Concealer 01 your favorite concealer? what other concealer is your favorite?

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru,

Just wondering why are there those black thing on the eyeshadow? supposed its called veins or something? whats the purpose?

Haru said...

The black veins are just part of the eyshadow. If you want a more smoky look, you can use the black parts to darken the look. Or use a brush to mix the various shades on that half of the eyeshadow.

Hi Ling,
The Anna Sui concealer works quite well on me. I don't have a favourite so far.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reply on the veins. I guess i was using the wrong brush coz it was picking up on black than the other colours...

rene said...

Wow. The eye color is so pigmented! Did not expect the quality to be this good! I'm gonna go get some! Thanks for sharing!

BeautyOnTheWay said...

this is definitely your color, looks more elegant than green or blue color I think. ^_^

Janice said...

Never really felt tempted by TBS makeup but I'm definitely checking these out :) those shadows and blush look so nice on you!

Taryn said...

This is my favorite FOTD that you've done and I'm drooling over that shadow. Our BS has the blush, but none of the shadows and the UK site won't ship here.

The purple tones in that one are just so jewel-like and unique! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru,

I went and swatched the Body Shop Baked-to-Last Cheek Color yesterday, but all I saw on my hand was glitter. Do you consider it glittery?

Haru said...

Hi,
It's not glittery in the sense that it doesn't have visible glitter bits. The finish does have some glimmer but it's not too frosty on me. It does apply quite lightly for nice touch of pink but won't give you crazy clown cheeks. Hope that helps!

shopaholic shopper said...

Hey! I have this #08 and find it hard to apply the darker shade, after reading this I tried with sponge applicator and yes! it works better! Thanks Iris!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your reply on the Baked-to-Last Cheek Color. I'll try swatching it again. :)
Sue

Geoff Jackson said...

gorgeous colour :)