Monday 6 September 2010

First try of UD Book of Shadows Vol III and Lancome Teint Miracle

Did this look today with Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. III Urban Decay Hearts NYC.

I also tried out the new Lancome Teint Miracle Liquid Foundation O-03, Natural Light Creator Bare Skin Perfecting Corrector Pen #1 (applied only on the under eye area) and Palette Blason on the cheeks. As it was only my first time trying out the Teint Miracle foundation, I'd like to give it a few more runs before giving my final verdict on it. These shots were taken before I set it with Paul & Joe loose powder, so that you can see the actual finish of the foundation.

Teint Miracle gives a slightly dewy finish, unlike Lancome's Blanc Expert Mineral Liquid Foundation (which I had reviewed here) which has a more powdery matte finish. Unlike Revlon PhotoReady, Teint Miracle does not have obvious micro-sparkles when applied. While Teint Miracle does not oxidise on me, I had to blot every couple of hours during the 12 hours that I wore this for today. In terms of oil control, I think Lancome's Maquicake UV Infinite powder foundation is superior.

Nevertheless, I liked Teint Miracle's ease of application as it applies evenly (using my fingertips) without caking or streaking. Even after several rounds of blotting, it did not start to cake or pool in my pores. It also helps to even out my skintone pretty well. Teint Miracle O-03 was a good natural match for my skintone, whereas the Blanc Expert in P-01 made my skin look slightly fairer than it actually is.

After prepping my lids with Testimo Eye Bright Up Base, I used MAC #228 mini shader brush to apply Loaded along the upper lashline and Uzi at the inner corners and along the lower lashline; MAC #228 to apply Kush in the inner half of the crease, Money in outer half of the crease and Suspect very lightly over the browbone area.

Then I finished with Lancome Virtuose Precious Cells mascara and Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner along the upper lashline.

The quality of the eyeshadows in the Book of Shadows Vol. III is simply top-notch: velvety smooth, long-lasting and well-pigmented with a lovely metallic sheen. The eyeshadows weigh 0.8g/0.03oz each, which is plenty (MAC single eyeshadows are 1.5g).

It would be much more portable and convenient for travel if the packaging was not so bulky but nevertheless, the whimsical packaging of the Book of Shadows does have its own charm. If you could only invest in one palette this holiday season, my vote goes to Book of Shadows Vol. III!

12 comments:

Nikkia (Silver Lips) said...

Very Pretty look! I may have to pick of the ud book of shadows III even though I don't think I need it lol :-)

Kas said...

I like how the eyes turned out! And yes, Money IS a very interesting colour! It reminds me a little of Erika F (just eyeballing; not that they look alike) but Money might be more greenish and a slightly diff texture

Cinnabunnie said...

the shadows look stunning on you! and i love how you paired the lip colour too!

M. said...

Very nice!

Wonder which country the UD eyeshadows are made in?

galpal.hi said...

Lovely EOTD! I can't wait till Book of Shadows III gets released here. I love the colors in it.

*Kat*

Haru said...

hi M,
The eyeshadows are made in the US, but the palette is assembled in the Dominican Republic.

Hi Nikka,
It's a very versatile palette that's great fun to use!

Hi Kas,
Money looks very silver in the palette but when applied, it has more of a green tinge. Erika F. has more of an olive tone to it. But both are lovely!

hi Cinnabunnie,
Thank you!

Hi Kat,
Hope you get the BOS Vol. III soon too!

sizbelle said...

Lovely green! I like your layering...

Alright, I'll wait for ur detailed review on this lancome foundation before I stake my money on it. Heard so much and so tempted to try!

Anonymous said...

Hi, u always look good w your green eye shadow. It seems d teint miracle o-03 has yellow undertone & d blanc expert p-01 has pink undertone. This teint miracle shade works so well on u but d frequent blotting doesn't sound desirable. Do u prefer base makeup w yellow or pink undertone? I always hv problem w this undertone thingy dat resulted in wrong buy of base makeup... costly mistakes:(

Sun

Ling said...

Hi Haru

I am sold after seeing how pretty the Book of Shadows eye color shine on your peepers :)

Do you have any idea when we can get it in Singapore sephora here? I heard it's not around yet but really wonder if it will come to our shore or need to order online?

Just a few minutes, I checked out sephora.com but it's not even on display..wonder what happen. maybe the release date is much later.

Thanks very much for any of your advice!

FarahDean said...

I really love the green eye look. Now you make me want this palette too.

Haru said...

hi Ling,
Sephora Singapore still has not confirmed if it is bringing in this palette. If you want to get it early, then best to try ordering from UrbanDecay.com which is launching it on 7 September (according to their Facebook)
http://www.facebook.com/urbandecaycosmetics?v=box_3#!/urbandecaycosmetics?v=wall

I'm not sure if they accept international credit cards. If they do, you can ship via VPost or Borderlinx. Sephora.com will get it later than UrbanDecay.com.

Haru said...

hi Sun,
I prefer base makeup with a neutral tone actually, so I usually go for the Ochre shades in foundations, rather than Beige Ochre (which is yellow toned) or Pink Ochre (which is pink toned). But I also look at what matches my skin most closely.