Saturday 4 September 2010

MAC Fabulous Felines

Yesterday evening, Mag, Kas and I attended the event at the MAC Pro store in Ngee Ann City for the new Fabulous Felines collection. It is a massive collection comprising three looks and quite a number of unusual shades.

The store is offering makeovers and manicures both today and tomorrow from 3.30pm to 6pm. Just call the store are 6735-6622 to book an appointment. Both Mag and Kas got their manicures done with shades from the new Jin Soon Choi for MAC nailpolish collection, which is already selling fast. Jade Dragon in particular looked stunning.

The three models were done up in the three looks from the collection (from left to right): Burmese Beauty, Palace Pedigreed, Leopard Luxe. Even their outfits were the same as those used in the ad visuals.

"Strike a pose, there's nothing to it..."
(Actually, I'm sure it's a lot harder than it looks!)

MAC Senior Artist Beno Lim explained how he did the makeup on each of the models.

Given the feline theme, the focus was naturally on the eyes, with lots of shading, contouring and well-defined eyeliner to create a sultry look.

For the Palace Pedigreed look, I loved the strong lip which Beno created by first defining the lip shape with Burgundy Lip Pencil and topping it with Cunning Lipstick.


On Burmese Beauty, Beno explained that he had used Face and Body Foundation, which is a longstanding favourite of makeup artists that just recently became available in Singapore.

Kas and I with "Palace Pedigreed".

Sarah of Faces by Sarah was also there, and it was my first time meeting her :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I passed by mac yday at abt 7pm and saw the models posing for the photographer! I thot their skin looked luminous with really sultry looking eyes! Did not know that it was for this event. Cool! Wil check out the collection later.

Ivy Low said...

Hey Iris, I see you carrying the Kate spade bag =) did you buy anything from the launch? I saw Sarah's post and am tempted by the utterly game blusher..how did u find the blushers for this collection?

Haru said...

hi Ivy,
I didn't find the blushes to be that unique, so I didn't swatch them. One of them was already sold out at the Tangs counter though, though I can't remember which one.

Haru said...

Just to add, I didn't buy anything from the collection but MAC did give us the Superslick Liquid Eye Liners to try out so I'll review them later.

Ivy Low said...

yea..i just realised that the utterly game blusher's not part of the collection..=) thanks for the reply!