Tuesday 21 September 2010

L'Oreal HIP Bright Shadow Duo Riotous

This was the look that I did on Monday with shades from three L'Oreal HIP Bright Shadow Duos.

After prepping with Urban Decay Primer Potion, I used the dark olive shade from Riotous from the upper lashline to the crease, the yellowy green shade at the inner corners, the shimmery teal blue from Showy blended just above the outer half of the crease and the beige shade from Adventurous over the browbone area. I also used Color Chrome Eyeliner Showy Black and Clinique High Impact Mascara.

The Showy Black eyeliner does not have a metallic or chrome finish, so don't be fooled by the name. The teal blue shade from Showy shows up with much less of a blue tint here compared to the earlier look that I posted as it was applied very lightly over the beige shade. The dark olive shade actually took quite a bit of layering to achieve this intensity whereas the yellowy green and teal blue shades had better colour payoff. The beige shade turned out to be slightly darker than my skintone and so was not really suitable for me as a highlighter shade.

The pic below was taken after about 11 hours of wear. There was hardly any creasing at the inner corner, which is usually the case when I use Primer Potion as the base.

The other products used were: Shiseido Refining Makeup Primer, Dior X4 Control Compact Foundation 012, RMK Super Basic Liquid Concealer EX01, Paul & Joe Face Color 07, Lipstick C 067 and Loose Powder, and K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 01.

Out of all the shades in the eight HIP Shadow Duos that will be available in Singapore, I think the yellowy green is probably the most difficult to pull off. Personally, I tend to avoid orange and yellow-toned eyeshadows as they are not suitable for my skintone.

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

Ninni said...

It looks so good on you! :-)

Michelle said...

I LOVE this look on you Iris! You are totally smoking!

Sophia said...

Such a pretty color! You did a great job!
~Sophia
Fit&FabLiving

Anonymous said...

Hey, these colours look good on u. Is it d shiseido primer? Your skintone looks good for these pics & d earlier ones u did with HIP teal colour duos. I was considering d shu uemura primer recently coz I liked dat it came w spf30 or 40 (can't remember) but now I'm tempted to try shiseido primer:)

Sun

Haru said...

Hi,
I used the Shiseido primer under my Dior foundation and found that the Shiseido primer provides a very smooth base and makes the foundation apply much more nicely. I will reivew the Shiseido primer soon.

Ivy Low said...

looking good Iris!

Mamamiow said...

This shade of lipstick is very flattering on you.

Kas said...

This is nice! And u're smiling! :D But yes, I notice the khaki shade is a little "dry" - it takes a bit of work to get the colour to show up prominently (in my swatch even)