Sunday 28 February 2010

Canmake Cream Cheek #7 & #8

Canmake has released two limited edition shades of its popular Cream Cheek (S$15.90) blushes, #7 Coral Orange and #8 Marshmallow Pink. Came across the display below in the Watsons in Ngee Ann City. I also saw the display in the Watsons in Bugis Junction but it had the wrong tester shade for #8 as the tester was brown instead of the baby pink that #8 is supposed to be.


The pic below shows #8 Marshmallow Pink on the left and #7 Coral Orange on the right. #8 Marshmallow Pink is a very pale baby pink and less pigmented compared to #7 Coral Orange. #8 would probably look best on very fair skinned ladies whereas #7 would suit a wider range of skin tones. #7 does not apply as orange-toned as #4 Vitamin Orange but instead is more rosy. These apply very smoothly and are easy to blend, drying to a powder finish without any greasiness.

Speaking of all things pink, Takashimaya currently has a corner on Level B1 devoted to Japanese products, including an entire section of cherry blossom stuff!



The big pink sakuras are coasters :-)


8 comments:

Juschev said...

I was just at taka-very tempted by the sakura tape:)

Haru said...

hi,
I picked that up at Kino (Ngee Ann City) earlier this week, but it's just too pretty to use ;-p

makeupmag said...

The sakura coasters are SO cute! Thanks for the translation on my post, by the way! :)

♥ Starryxuan said...

soo pretty! Shall check it out :)

charissa said...

was just wondering if the canmake cream cheek, fade easily when u applied? (^^;)

. : * justine * : . said...

Of course I am more drawn to the sakura blossom stuff than I am to the makeup (seriously!). Though the cream blushes look cute - I've never tried them and there isn't a 'cheap' version of them here, so I'm... going to stay away from now. I find Ichibankao kind of expensive though I know the prices include shipping.

Do you know of an online store that sells similar stationary? There's no Kinokuniya here, unfortunately.

Haru said...

Hi Charissa,
The Canmake Cream blushes last about 4-5 hours on me. I have very oily skin, so I usually blot quite often throughout the day. There are other blushes by other brands that have better lasting power, of course but few are as cheap as the Canmake cream blushes.

Hey justine,
Sorry I don't know of any online store that sells such stationery. Kathi on Lotus Palace buys stationery online quite often from Etsy, so perhaps you can ask her?
The closest cheap cream blush that I can think of that is similar to Canmake, is Mini Bourjois's cream blushes, which come in tiny round pots.

Kiradris said...

The thing I miss most about living in Japan is Takashimaya. It was the most expensive of the department stores, but boy, did they have the best and most covetous items.

I'll never get tired of cherry blossom themed anything.