Monday 22 February 2010

Jill Stuart Angel Rocker Haul

The wonderful AhCapp was kind enough to help me CP the new Jill Stuart "Angel Rocker" collection from Hong Kong :-) I got the Jewel Crystal Eyes #3 Princess Sapphire and #4 Pink Cameo as well as the Mix Blush Compact #12 Candy Orange.

As there was a special event going on at that time, I also received a surprise GWP comprising a Sugar Body Scrub 60g and Body Milk 50ml, both of which have that signature Jill Crystal sweet floral scent.

The new Jewel Crystal Eyes have been receiving rave reviews by Japanese consumers on Cosme.net, as these do not have the messy fall-out problem that the Brilliance and Illuminance Eyes palettes tend to have. The texture is supposed to have been improved such that it is much silkier and glides on smoothly without the dry and powdery feeling of the earlier palettes. Now if only they would do a bright emerald/teal palette!

The case design of the Jewel Crystal Eyes palettes is exactly the same as the Illuminance Eyes palettes but the Jewel Crystal Eyes contain 6g of product versus 4.5g for the Illuminance/Seductive/Brilliance Eyes palettes. I haven't tried these out yet so I'm not sure if they apply as shiny as they look in the pics below. Still admiring how pretty these look in their pristine, untouched condition!

The prices of Jill Stuart in Hong Kong is quite a bit cheaper than Japan. For example, the eyeshadow quad costs 5250yen (S$81) in Japan versus HK$370 (S$67) in Hong Kong. The blush costs 4725yen (S$73) in Japan versus HK$330 (S$60) in Hong Kong.




Thank you so much, AhCapp!

12 comments:

makeupmag said...

Stunning haul, Iris! I should've asked you to show it to me earlier on (oh, maybe you didn't have it then, hehe!). Will you be bringing these with you on your honeymoon? ;)

Haru said...

hey Mag,
Yeah, I picked it up from AhCapp after meeting you! Turns out we live super close to each other too :-) Haven't even thought about what to bring on the honeymoon. I'm still working on the darn dinner seating plan!

Sheila said...

Awesome haul Iris! I'm so jealous, my friend is getting them for me from Taiwan but I won't see her until September... so until then its very patient waiting.

I can't wait to see what looks you'll come up with these beauties!

shopaholic said...

i've got princess sapphire too & the texture is indeed silkier and as pigmented.

Jenni said...

lovely haul! actually, JS is cheaper in Taiwan than in Hong Kong. Even though I live in the latter, I buy JS in taiwan when i'm travelling there, coz i can get tax reductions :)

Kiradris said...

Wow, pretty haul, and glad to hear that Jill Stuart is releasing some e/s that don't have that glitter fallout issue. I love the colors in my (jewel eyes is the collection I think?) quad, but the glitter is too much.

Dominique -aka- 美華ちゃん said...

Oh those are so pretty! I think I would want the palettes just to look at, lol! I'm definitely going to see if I can find that blush here in Okinawa, it looks perfect.

BV said...

Hi there...
I adore the pics of the haul and I am dead curious to see if the fallout from these palettes is better than Illuminance and Brillance palettes!

It might be my application but I experience weird glittery bits all over my face when I use these JS eyeshadows...

Can't wait for the EOTD and thanks for the haul pics!!

Catherine said...

OMG, so gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Cool and expensive haul. Remember to show the swatches in the near future. ^^ EOTD will be great too.

Georgina said...

ooooh everything looks so pretty and fresh! :)

Sweetsnow said...

OMG! My fav brand!!! *envious*