Saturday 20 February 2010

EOTD: Body Shop Shimmer Cubes #19 Look 4

Was in a rush today so I did a quick look with the Body Shop Shimmer Cubes #19 paired with a couple of Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils.

Please excuse the messy eyeliner! I used the MAC #224 brush to apply the lilac shade all over the lid followed by the blue shade from the lower lashline up to the crease. Applying the blue shade over the lilac makes the blue shade turn out with more of a lavender tone. (If you want a more intense midnight blue shade like how the blue shimmer cube looks like in the pot, then I recommend using a sponge applicator.) Then I lined the lower lashline with UD Electric Eye Pencil and the upper eyelid and outer one-third of the lower eyelid with Urban Decay Covet Eye Pencil.

I'm very impressed by how smoothly the UD Glide-On Eye Pencils apply without any tugging at the skin at all. Both Covet and Electric have a lovely intense metallic finish.

6 comments:

Kathi said...

That´s a very pretty fresh look! You really rock the Shimmer Cubes! =D They´re seriously made for you! =D

Haru said...

Thanks, Kathi! I need to move on to another palette for these EOTDs ;-)

Anonymous said...

Again...it's very beautiful :D
But is it possible to get a cleaner line with UD 24/7 glide-on pencils?
Based on my experiences, pencils are hard to be controlled...
However, agreed with people above me, the cubes are made for you!
They are so great on your eyes!

Haru said...

hi,
Yes, it is possible to draw a cleaner line with the UD 24/7 glide-on pencils although they do need to be sharpened to a finer tip if you want a very clean line. The eyeliner looks messy in this EOTD pics 'cos I got some mascara smudged on my upper eyelid and had to clean it off, and in the process, I messed up the eyeliner a bit. The UD liners are easy to work with as you can blend and smudge them right after application for a few minutes, before they set. And once they set, they are pretty much budge-proof. They are also easy to remove with a eye makeup remover.

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru,
think I might need to get my own cubes to play with as well after seeing so many of your eotd with this set. It looks pretty and versatile!
Btw, how do u compare the texture and quality of the pencils with mac's fly by blu 'series'?

Haru said...

Hi,
The UD Eye Pencils feel softer and more velvety compared to the MAC Pearlglide Liners. The UD Eye Pencils really glide on very smoothly with excellent colour payoff from the start whereas the MAC Pearlglide Liner takes a couple more strokes to build up the same intensity. The UD Eye Pencils also last better with less creasing and fading. Both are good eyeliners but I'm loving the UD Eye Pencils just a little bit more!