Friday 26 February 2010

EOTD: Urban Decay Alice

Here's the first look that I did with the Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland palette :-)

I used MAC #226 brush to sweep White Rabbit (Polyester Bride) over the browbone area, followed by Wonderland (Maui Wowie) from the upper lashline to the crease and blended Mushroom on the outer one-third of the lid. Then I used MAC #228 mini shader brush to smudge Muchness (X) along the lower lashline and inner corners, and finished off with K-Palette Real Lasting Volume mascara.

As you can see, all the shades are well-pigmented with a metallic glimmer. Of the four shades that I used today, only White Rabbit had tiny glitter bits which did cause a bit of a fall-out problem. The eyeshadows lasted very well over more than 14 hours of wear (with use of a primer) with just a bit of creasing at the inner corners and without oxidisation.

This palette is definitely very worthwhile considering the number of products in it and the good quality! For about the same price as a Dior quint, you get lots more eyeshadow shades, plus eyeliner pencils and the famous Primer Potion to play with.

3 comments:

makeupmag said...

Very nice combination, Iris dear! Mushroom is a very me colour; I'm glad they included it in this palette, otherwise I would've had to buy the single. ;)

Anonymous said...

This is very sophisticated!
Can't wait to grab one for myself :D
Haru, after full makeup, what should we do if the glitter bits fall out?
I tend to re-do all over again and that's quite irritating.
Thank you.

Haru said...

Hey Mag,
thanks! I thought this palette was very worthwhile as I only had Midnight Cowboy so far, and it was completely different from the Deluxe Eyeshadow Palette.

Hi,
I hate glitter in eyeshadows because they never stay on and you tend to find random bits of glitter all over your face as they fall out over the day. That's why I prefer eyeshadows with a metallic shimmer without any glitter. For me, I don't bother re-doing my makeup if I get glitter fallout. I just try to wipe the glitter bits (like on my cheeks) away. One thing that really helps to lift the glitter without smudging the rest of my makeup is the sticky side of a Post-It note! I just snip a small strip, gently press against my skin where the glitter bits are and lift.
Hope that helps!