Sunday 6 July 2008

Paul & Joe Haul

I picked up the following goodies from the Paul & Joe counter yesterday.

1. Set comprising Protective Foundation Primer SPF30 PA++, Face Color Powder B #50 Sirop D'Erable, Lipstick A #43 Cafe Sucre and two drawstring pouches in the latest P&J print. This set cost $70, quite worthwhile considering that the lipstick is usually $37, the Face Color Powder is $33 but I believe P&J is discontinuing the Face Color Powder since they've introduced the new Face Color duos. The lipstick is also the original formula which I prefer to the new Lipstick N line.



2. Set comprising Face Color #8, Eye Color #2, Light Cleansing Milk 25ml, Moisture Lotion 25ml, Whitening Emulsion 5ml, Protective Foundation Primer 10ml, white plastic pouch, Portable Mini Brush Case with 3 brushes and the red box. This set cost $89, also quite a good deal as the Face Color usually retails for $35, the Eye Color is around $30 and the brush case is about $50.


3. First GWP for a minimum purchase of $120 comprising a party bag, Light Cleansing Milk 25ml, Moisture Lotion 25ml, Whitening Emulsion 5ml and Creamy Compact Foundation #1 1g. Instead of the party bag, you can choose either a pink makeup pouch with the new tiger print or a long pink umbrella, which is very pretty but I didn't think I would actually use it often.


4. Second GWP for topping up the purchase by another $60: full size Light Cream Foundation #5 25ml and the limited edition Eye Color Palette #002. There is no choice of the foundation shade is fixed and it does not come with a box. It's way too dark for me and hence pretty much useless. But the Eye Color Palette, which retails for $66, is lovely and very wearable.


Check out my previous P&J haul in January here!

7 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

I love your P&J haul, I love P&J and that eye color palette looks pretty! It'll just be arriving here in Manila soon!!! So i can't wait to check it out! I am sorry about the cream being dark on you!!! It's a lovely cream especially topped with powder! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hey, may I know which counter did you buy from? I did not see it at Isetan scotts last night.

Hows the quality of the brushes?

Haru said...

Hi,
I bought from the counter at Isetan in Wisma Atria. I think the counter at Isetan Scotts has the same GWPs, including the eyeshadow palette but maybe not the cream foundation. I know Isetan Scotts had the umbrella and the pink makeup pouch too but not sure about the party bag.

Haru said...

Forgot to add that the brushes are of very good quality with extremely soft bristles. Definitely a useful set to have!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely lip colour! Is it more plum/mauve than brown?

Anonymous said...

I saw the GWP sets at Isetan scotts too, however, I did not see the special sets at $70 etc.

Thanks for the review on the brushes, you got me tempted!

Haru said...

Hey Jing,

the special sets are kept in the drawers and I think you have to ask for them as they are not on display at the counter in Isetan Scotts. At Isetan in Wisma Atria, the sets were displayed on the shelves behind the counter.

Hey Mag,
the lipstick shade is more of a rosy pink with slight muted brown tones. Sorry, I'm not very good at describing shades!