Wednesday 1 December 2010

L'Oreal HIP Eyeshadow in Darkwave

L'Oreal HIP #320 Darkwave is one of four new eyeshadow duos from the Midnight Muse collection. In the pot, it looks like a matte grey-toned dark navy and a metallic dark olive.

By using Beauté de Kosé Eye Fantasist GR754 Emerald Mist as the base all over the lid, I was able to create this smoky green look. I'm really loving the Eye Fantasists that Kas helped me to pick up from the Kosé sale, as the shimmer is so incredibly refined and delicate (unlike Jill Stuart's Jelly Eye Colours which are much more bling).

I applied the dark olive shade from the inner corner to the middle of the upper eyelid and along the lower lashline; and the dark navy shade along the upper lashline and from the middle of the upper lid to the outer corner. Next, I brushed the light beige shade from Dior Sky Glow over the browbone area, at the inner corners and along the lower lashline. The light beige shade does a great job of highlighting the lower lashline without fading even after several hours of wear. The colour payoff of the two shades in Darkwave is quite good, as is typical of the HIP line. I did experience a bit of fallout on my cheeks while applying the dark navy shade with the sponge tip applicator but aside from that, there was no fallout over the rest of the day.

For the rest of the look, I used Burberry Sheer Foundation Trench No. 4 (applied with the Shiseido #131 foundation brush), Addiction Cry Baby Lipgloss and Magie Deco Loose Cheek R (from the holiday coffret).

So far, I've tried the Shiseido #131 brush with both liquid and powder foundations and it works pretty well. The flat surface of the brush head is a tad small (about the size of a US quarter) so it does take a bit more time to do the whole face compared to simply applying with fingers or a sponge but the brush does help to blend the foundation and apply it evenly.

6 comments:

akiki said...

u look great in this FOTD

Kas said...

I like this lipcolour on you! and the eye turned out well! the green is sooo pretty!

galpal.hi said...

Your FOTD looks fantastic!

*Kat*

dustyrose said...

Iris, I have a question for you...which do you normally do first...pick out an outfit & plan your FOTD to complement it or vice-versa? Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru, I've been reading your blog for a while and never commented, but was really struck by how gorgeous this fotd is; the highlighter is pretty and sophisticated. Thankyou for inspiring me to try new looks, and for all the lemmings! Lucy X

Haru said...

hi Lucy,

Thank you! Glad to hear that you like reading the blog :-)

Hi dustyrose,
I always do my makeup first and then pick out my outfit, but I usually don't think about matching my makeup and my clothes.

hi Kat,
Thank you!

Hi Kas,
Thanks, am loving the Eye Fantasists!

Hi akiki,
Thank you!