Sunday 12 December 2010

Sleek The Original i-Divine Palette Look #2

After seeing the ad visual for the upcoming Shu Uemura Morphorium collection, I was inspired to do this purple and teal combination with shades from the Sleek The Original i-Divine Palette.

Using Beauté de Kosé Eye Fantasist GR751 as the base all over the lid, I used the sponge tip applicator to apply the purple shade at the inner corners and outer half of the lower lashline, the blueish green shade (2nd from right, top row) in the middle of the upper lid, the blackened green shade at the outer corner of the upper lid and the light pink shade (2nd from left, bottom row) along the lower lashline.

Using an eye contour brush, I blended the khaki shade (extreme right, bottom row) just above the outer half of the crease. I used a light beige shade from the Sleek Storm Palette as a wash over the browbone area.

For the rest of the look, I used Skin79 Lovely Girl BB Cream topped with a Paul & Joe face powder, Lancome Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator Bare Skin Perfecting Corrector Pen #1, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 01, Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner, Canmake Gokunobi mascara, By Terry Rose de Rose Blush Fluide and Beauté de Kosé Rouge Fantasist BR300 Wild Ginger.

The combination of shades may look complicated but honestly, it's actually very easy to do. I think it took me about 10 minutes. The number of shades is just a couple more than what I would use normally. Blending with a brush is the key to getting the graduated effect.

The Sleek Original Palette is truly impressive as the shades are so easy to blend and they do not have any of the ashiness that is often found in drugstore brand eyeshadows. It's also an excellent palette to bring with you on trips because with just one slim palette, you can create a good variety of looks.

10 comments:

Mei Ping said...

Hi Iris,

I have been your silent reader for a long time. I have always admired how you seem to be able to do such fantastic FOTD with the vibrant colours. You mentioned that the key is blending. Can you recommend the blending brush that you are using ? Thanks.

Haru said...

hi Mei Ping,
The brush that I used for blending this look is the eye contour brush from the Giorgio Armani holiday brush set. You can see a pic of it in my earlier post:
http://rougedeluxe.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-york-japan-haul.html

It's the one with a small domed head but for blending, you can actually use a variety of brush shapes. Many other brands also make good blending brushes, like Ecotools or MAC #217 or #213. The brush should have a decent thickness and soft, without being too fluffy or too small. To blend, just wield the brush in a screenwiper motion to smoothen out the edges between the different shades.

Magdalena said...

You really realy make me want to buy the sleep palette, I think I`ll have to now! The eye makeup is great and that lipstick is also pretty!

Mei Ping said...

Ok, thanks for the recommendation and tip.

AtelierGal said...

Your curler is serving well, it seems. You look stunning! :)

YZ said...

Great look Iris!
It instantly killed my lemming for the Shu Uemura Morphorium palette, knowing that I can dupe the look with Sleek Original instead ;)

Unknown said...

I must say your eye makeup skills are superb! I'm learning to put on proper eyeshadows and I think my blending skills sucks.

Anyway, i love your curls. Makes me reconsider chopping off my hair and buy the Panasonic hair curler instead!

Ivy Low said...

Iris, this look is gorgeous..reminds me of mermaid colors!

Kas said...

ahh, the purple-teal combi - really can't go wrong with that and this looks sooo nice! I like how the blending turned out; sometimes I make a total mess of it so I conveniently blame my brush :P LOL! And the Panasonic curler really seems to do a great job. Maybe i should try my curling tong again (and keep it away from my ear! I burnt myself the last time I tried!)

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! :)