Saturday 25 December 2010

MAC Bad Fairy Nail Lacquer

A recent conversation with Mag reminded me of the MAC Bad Fairy Nail Lacquer in my stash. It was with great thanks to Mag that I was able to snag Bad Fairy, which was available in very limited quantities as part of the Venomous Villains collection back in October. Esther has an entertaining account of how she hunted down Bad Fairy on The Floral Parasol.

In the bottle, Bad Fairy is a interesting duochrome, a deep molten pink with flashes of copper or gold, depending on the angle. On my nails, the duochrome effect is less apparent and it mainly looks like a rich shimmery magenta pink, quite appropriate for the current festive season. It looks more pink-toned in real life than in these pics. It's very sheer on the first coat and required three coats for a true opacity. The brush had also started to flay a little even though I have used the nail polish at most twice.

Thanks to Mag once again for helping me to get this gorgeous lacquer!

2 comments:

espenine said...

gorgeous, they make your hands look fairer.

makeupmag said...

What a great colour on you! The sparkle is really pretty.