Thursday 9 December 2010

Sleek Bad Girl i-Divine Palette Look #2

Decided to do a smoky green eye look with the Sleek Bad Girl i-Divine Palette today.

First, I applied Beauté de Kosé Eye Fantasist GR754 Emerald Mist as the base shade all over the lid. Instead of using the included sponge applicator, I used the Giorgio Armani holiday travel brush set and an Anna Sui small eyeshadow brush for applying the eyeshadows today.

I used the Anna Sui brush to apply Intoxicated (medium green) from the inner corners to the middle of the lid, Abyss (dark purple-toned blue) from the middle of the lid to the outer corners, Blade (medium grey) in the middle of the lid and just above the crease, and Obnoxious (purple) along the outer half of the lower lashline. Next, I used the Armani eye shader shade brush to apply Gullible (light beige) over the browbone area and the eye contour brush to apply Innocence (pearl white) at the inner corners and along the lower lashline. I finished by lining the upper lashline with Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner and applying Visee Lash Wide Impact (Curl Long) BK002 mascara.

For the rest of the look, I used Skin79 Lovely Girl BB Cream topped with a Paul & Joe face powder, Topshop Crushed Berry cream blush, Fresh Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment, Lancome Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator Bare Skin Perfecting Corrector Pen #1 and K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 01.

Again, I experienced quite a bit of powdery fallout on my under-eye area when applying Intoxicated and Abyss, but it could be easily cleaned up with some damp tissue. Some ladies may find green and purple to be an unusual combination but purple actually makes for a more interesting liner shade than black. Several Singaporean makeup artists often advise that for small Asian eyes, black eyeliner tends to look too harsh. In addition, lining both the upper and lower lashline in a circle of black only makes our eyes look even smaller.

I also tried out my new Panasonic Multi-styling straightener that I purchased at the DIY Dazzling workshop at Vivocity last weekend. It can be a tad laborious as you have to work with small sections of hair each time (plus my hair is very thick) and I definitely require more practice. Nevertheless, it was fun being able to create the curls using the Medium Curl attachment. The curls are soft and retain their shape well. I've considered going for digital/ceramic perms in the past but read that they don't last very long. So for me, the straightener is probably more useful as you can create different sized curls and at the end of the day, just wash it all out. Plus, it's cheaper than going for a perm!

Thanks for reading!

14 comments:

Anna said...

Oh WOW! Your hair looks so incredibly stunning in these pictures.

GLaM PiNk said...

wow so pretty!!! love this looks!

Anonymous said...

Aiyo why you spend so much money on branded eyeshadows? I think the sleek and loreal palettes are cheap and look so much better on you!

Haru said...

Simple, because I can afford to and I love my high end makeup brands for their refined and more elegant textures.

Jenni said...

love your new profile pictures Haru!

Haru said...

Thanks, Jennifer!

Lali Amora Beauty Blog said...

I love that pink container, which I think is a mascara, is it? is it Visee?
Love the FOTD!

Haru said...

hi,
Yes, it's the Visee mascara, the limited edition shade from the fall collection.

. : * justine * : . said...

You look absolutely beautiful!! I love the smokey look on you - very holiday!!

I thought about picking this palette up, but I already have graphite and I rarely wear smokey looks as it is - but you certainly make it look tempting!

Anonymous said...

Glamorous look, very nice!!

dustyrose said...

I dig your take on the smoky eye look...you've been coming up with a seemingly never-ending stream of striking colour combos... kudos!! :))

jenn said...

Hey, I think your eye makeup skills have improved by leaps and bounds. I would like to learn too..

Fi said...

Love these pics, this eye make up look and the curls look gorgeous on you.

Kas said...

I really like the way this turned out! the gradation is done so well and the pop of purple just made it so sweet! Its a sweet smokey! :D