Friday 24 December 2010

Tokidoki Robbery Palette - Royal Pride

I'm rounding up my reviews of the Tokidoki Robbery Palette with the Royal Pride palette. As you can see from the pic, all the shades in this palette have an shiny metallic shimmer. They are also the most well pigmented, compared to the other two palettes in the set. With the blues in Arlecchino and greens in Rapina, I had to layer them a few times to get an intense finish whereas with Royal Pride, the shades looked intense from virtually the first swipe of the brush.

Using Urban Decay Primer Potion as the base, I applied Bulletto at the outer corners of the upper and lower lids, Ercolino in the middle of the upper lid, Lion Pappa at the inner corners, along the lower lashline and blended into the crease towards the browbone. I used a mix of a white matte shade and a light shimmery pink from a Suqqu quad over the browbone area. I skipped Savana (the bright yellow shade) as I haven't quite figured out how to use it, plus the other three shades already looked quite intense.

I forgot to apply eyeliner before taking these pics, and only did so after getting to the office. Nevertheless, Bulleto turned out to be quite a good eyeliner shade.

The other products I used today were Maquillage Lasting Stick Foundation UV Pink Ochre 10 over Shiseido Refining Makeup Primer, Jill Stuart Loose Powder 01 Natural, Lancome Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator Bare Skin Perfecting Corrector Pen, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 01, Visee Wide Impact (Curl Long) mascara BK002, and Topshop Gloom Gloss. On my cheeks, I'm using Polpettina (shimmery rosy pink) blush from the Rapina palette.

Overall, the Robbery Palette is a very worthwhile option but only if you like the shades in it. It originally retailed at US$49 but Sephora.com has since marked it down to US$39. Of the three palettes, I can foresee myself reaching for Rapina and Arlecchino much more frequently than Royal Pride, as I'm just not that big a fan of brown and bronze eyeshadows. Candy Cane (in the Arlecchino palette) is the only shade that I had problems with, due to the glittery fallout. The rest of the eyeshadows applied and blended very smoothly and easily, with good lasting power. I also like the fact that the palettes are much slimmer and easier to store compared to the chunky Cromatico Palettes with their sharp edges.

Both Mag and Kas also own the Robbery Palette so I'm tagging them to review it!

4 comments:

Chantana said...

Oh.. you look so good in Gold/bronzey shades!! Love it <3

winterberry_gal said...

Yep, I agree with Chantana, you looked lovely in metal colours.
Lashes are very well-curled too. Did you use a new curler or it's just the Vise mascara?

Haru said...

hi Winterberry_gal,
I've been using the MAC eyelhas curler for awhile now. It does curl my lashes well but the Visee mascara is what really helps to retain the curl throughout the day for me. However, the Visee mascara is a big pain to remove! It's best removed with cleansing oil.

hi Chantana,
Thank you :-)

Unknown said...

Thank you for all the Robbery reviews! I got it and I will follow your adivice!!!