Thursday 23 December 2010

Tokidoki Robbery Palette - Arlecchino

The Arlecchino palette from the Tokidoki Robbery Palette looks the most daunting of the three palettes as blues and the bright yellow lime can be tricky to pull off.

I was expecting Ninja Dog to be a bright true blue but it turned out to have a lovely tinge of lavender. Soya applies sheer at first but can be easily layered to add that bright pop of colour. Meteo is a fairly standard shimmery dark blue. Candy Cane was my least favourite of the four as it tends to apply as small specks of silvery white shimmer bits and throws up the most powder in the palette.

Using Urban Decay Primer Potion as the base, I applied Ninja Dog from the inner corner to the middle of the upper lid and at the outer corner of the lower lashline, Meteo from the middle of the upper lid to the outer corner, Candy Cane over the browbone area and Soya above the crease. I also used Bullets from the Rapina palette to highlight the inner corners and the lower lashline.

The other products I used today were Maquillage Lasting Stick Foundation UV Pink Ochre 10 over Shiseido Refining Makeup Primer, Jill Stuart Loose Powder 01 Natural, Stila Acai Lip & Cheek Stain topped with Estee LauderStar Pink Pure Color Gloss, Lancome Teint Miracle Natural Light Creator Bare Skin Perfecting Corrector Pen, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 01, Visee Wide Impact (Curl Long) mascara BK002, and Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner in Ebony.

The Tokidoki eyeshadows lasted very well over 9 hours of wear without fading (although that's in part due to the Urban Decay Primer Potion). Ninja Dog and Meteo did produce a bit of fallout during application but were fine otherwise. Soya is still not a shade that I would wear frequently. Aside from Candy Cane, the other three eyeshadows had a lovely silky texture and a metallic glimmer.

The Stila Acai Lip & Cheek Stain is incredibly staining. My fingertip was bright pink after I finished applying the stain to my lips and it took several washes to get it completely clean. The stain did not work well for me as a blush as it tended to look splotchy, so I'll be using this solely on my lips from now on. On the lips, it takes quite a bit of effort to get an even application. For a more polished finish, I recommend topping with a lipgloss. The stain did fade during the course of a meal, so I ended up wiping the rest of it off. Overall, I still prefer using lipstick or lipgloss as the stain is too messy and time-consuming to apply.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, i see you buy a lot of cosmetics regularly. do you manage to use all of them? why do you buy so much? no offense intended, im just curious...

Haru said...

hi,
Yes, I do use all of my makeup. I don't use all the products up, as that would be impossible. As to why do I buy so much, well, makeup is my hobby! It's fun to try out the new products that come out each season. Plus, I review them for the blog. If I had a tiny makeup collection of just the same few items, this wouldn't be a very interesting beauty blog, would it?

Anonymous said...

love your eye makeup! Very mysteriously beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I just love the combination of lime green with lavender! Can't wait for spring collections to arrive!

dustyrose said...

Iris, I have the same problem with my Stila Pomegranate Lip & Cheek Stain...it's very difficult to spread evenly...I always have to use a gloss on top to smooth it out.