Thursday 30 December 2010

Sleek Curious i-Divine Palette Look #2

Decided to do a brown-themed look with the more sedate half of the Sleek Curious i-Divine Palette today.

After applying Urban Decay Primer Potion as the base all over the lid, I applied the rich chocolate shade from the upper lashline to the crease, the silver grey shade at the inner half of the crease, the light brown shade just above the outer half of the crease and the outer half of the lower lashline, the white shade as a wash over the browbone area and along the lower lashline.

Next, I used Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner in Cognac to line the upper lashline and applied Clinique High Impact Mascara 01 Black. Unlike my usual Visee mascara, the Clinique mascara does not hold up the curl of my lashes well but it is so much easier to remove than the ultra tenacious Visee mascara. With the Visee mascara, I have to use a cleansing oil while the Clinique mascara comes off almost instantly with Lancome Bi-facil.

The rest of the products are virtually the same as yesterday, namely Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer in Creme topped with Cosme Decorte AQ Face Powder N 001, Dior Skinflash, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 02 and Esprique Precious Gradation Layer Cheeks 01 Coral Red. On the lips, I am wearing Paul & Joe Lipstick CS #63 Cruising from the fall 2009 collection.

Of the four eyeshadows, I found all of them to be well-pigmented and easy to blend. The deep chocolate shade was the most impressive with a luxuriously rich metallic finish. The white shade looks overly frosty though if applied heavily. Overall, I think that Curious is one of Sleek's most versatile palettes (provided that you like blues and greens) and could well become my favourite out of the 9 that I currently own. It is no longer available on the Sleek website but you can still find it on Ebay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This neutral eye is so nice!! I think you are suited to bold looks. These extremely pigmented neutral colours suits you better than Japanese neutral palettes.

Anonymous said...

Nice & chic... u once mentioned such neutral brown doesn't work for u but this look works so well. I like the way u blend the silver grey w the browns.. brilliant.

Sun

Blovet Beauty said...

I like the slight shimmer in the sleek eyeshadows!