Tuesday 21 December 2010

Operation Use It Up!

Haven't done one of these posts in awhile but I've been diligently using up as many products as I can before the end of 2010!

Here are my quick thoughts on each product.

1. Live Gain Premium Rich Protein Treatment: While purchasing Shiseido Tsubaki hair conditioner at People's Park, the shop assistant highly recommended this Korean brand conditioner as being even better than Tsubaki. While it did soften my hair nicely, I did not find it to be superior to Tsubaki. I also preferred the floral scent of Tsubaki.

2. Rituals Zensation Rice Milk & Cherry Blossom Foaming Shower Gel Sensation: The rice milk aroma was wonderfully relaxing and soothing. I purchased this in Belgium last year at a super cheap price (less than S$10). It lathers up amazingly well and leaves a subtle scent on my skin without drying it out.

3. Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Shampoo: I love this! It lathers up very well and rinses off easily while leaving my hair soft. It's one of the few shampoos that doesn't leave my hair tangled when I rinse it out, and I can actually run my hands through the length of my hair even before using conditioner.

4. Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Conditioner: Another excellent product that leaves my hair soft and manageable, and does not make my scalp oily. I also like the clean light scent, which is typical of Dove. If you don't like sweet floral scents, this could be a good option for you.

5. Kenzoki Clearwater Gel: This is my 3rd bottle and I've reviewed it before. It's a good basic skin refresher.

6. Juicy Couture Frothy Shower Gel: This lathers up very well to create light frothy bubbles. The sweet scent is probably not for everyone.

7. Ole Henriksen Body Sleek Hydrating Lotion: The name is quite apt as the texture is very light and slightly watery. It absorbs well and fairly fast without any oily after feeling. It works well in Singapore's humid weather but it is not hydrating enough for winter or if you have very dry skin.

8. The Body Shop Wild Cherry Shower Gel: I'm not a fan of the cherry scent so I won't be repurchasing this. The shower gel is average and leaves my skin a bit dry.

9. Soap & Glory Clean On Me Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel: I adore the sweet scent of Clean On Me, which is identical to the Girligo Spray-on Body Moisturising Mist. The scent lingers subtly on my skin.

10. Stila Jade Blossom Eau de Parfum: A very old favourite that remains for me still distinctively unique and fresh in the crowded field of fragrances.

And I have finally finished a full size makeup product! It is none other than the Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner which many of you would probably recognise from my FOTD posts this year. I received it from Mandom Singapore back in May this year and it quickly became a daily staple. I love its fine brush tip, which is easy to work and draws a precise jet black line that you can then layer over to achieve the desired thickness. The eyeliner liquid also flows naturally into the brush tip and there's never any excess suddenly oozing out. Definitely a product that I will purchase in the future!

7 comments:

makeupmag said...

I like the Dove shampoo too! Almost done with my bottle.

Haru said...

And I still have my giant 400ml bottles of the shampoo and conditioner from the SPH Fair! But I'm going to use up my Sala pair first, which shouldn't take long.

makeupmag said...

Is Sala good? Was thinking of trying the Shiseido Tsubaki next.

Haru said...

Sala is similar to Tsubaki for me in terms of the results, but Sala is not available in Singapore, I think. Tsubaki works really well for my dyed hair but for some ladies, I think it's too rich and can make their scalp itchy.

makeupmag said...

Thanks for the feedback! I think I might try it but not for daily washing.

Vanessa said...

Hi Iris,

Is the Heroine Make liquid eyeliner smudge-proof? I have oily lids.Previously K-Palette works very well,but it doesn't seem to hold very well now.I am looking for a subsititute for it now.

Haru said...

Hi Vanessa,
The Heroine Make eyeliner doesn't smudge on me and it lasts really well even through 12 hour days. I don't have oily eyelids though I have oily skin.